A few days ago, the annual budget for 2023-24 was presented by the government of Pakistan. Various measures have been taken for the betterment of Pakistan in this Budget 2023-24. So that the economic condition of Pakistan can be improved and Pakistan can be taken out of the economic crisis. The main objective of presenting this budget is to eradicate poverty in Pakistan.
To provide employment to the unemployed, To expand the use of IT technology, To increase agricultural production in Pakistan through the use of new technology in the agriculture sector, To strengthen the defense sector of Pakistan, In this budget, measures have been taken to improve health, such as lower taxes on medicines and providing treatment to the poor. In Budget FY 2030-24, better measures have been taken for SMEs to make it easier for us to do small businesses.
Good steps have also been taken to further develop the industrial sector so that Pakistan’s exports can increase. The salaries of government employees have been increased and the pension of retired employees has also been increased. In this budget, many steps have been taken for the improvement of education. The amount given to poor and unemployed people under the BISP program has also been increased to 400 billion.
Budget- BISP scheme
Benazir Income Support Program is a flagship program of the Government of Pakistan to combat poverty in Pakistan. Under BISP 8171 Program many schemes are running in Pakistan. The aim of which is to reduce poverty in Pakistan and to end unemployment in Pakistan. In the annual budget for 2023-24, the Benazir Income Support Program has been increased in its budget amount to expand it further.
So that more and more poor people in Pakistan can benefit from this program. The amount allocated for the BISP program has been significantly increased by 40 billion (almost 25% Budget Increase for BISP) in this year’s budget 2023-2024 as compared to the previous year’s budget 2022-23. Which is the best step taken by the present government for the poor people of Pakistan.
BISP Ehsaas 8171 Program – Budget 2023-24
Benazir Income Support 8171 Program is a flagship program issued by the Government of Pakistan to tackle poverty and its problems in Pakistan. A considerable amount of money is allocated from the budget of Pakistan every year for this program. BISP online program has significantly reduced the poverty rate in Pakistan.
Last year, 360 billion rupees were allocated for Benazir Income Support Program in the budget of 2022-23. During the current financial year, in the budget, 2023-24 presented by the current government of Pakistan, the amount of Benazir Income Support Program 8171 has been increased by 40 billion rupees(almost), and 400 billion rupees have been allocated for this program. During the next financial year, the government of Pakistan has proposed to increase the amount of the Benazir Income Support Program by Rs 450 billion.
BISP – Old Budget 2022-23
In the budget, 2022-23, the allocation of the Benazir Income Support Program was substantially increased. In the budget of 2021-22, 250 billion rupees were allocated for the Benazir Income Support Program, but in the budget of 2022-23, this amount was increased to 264 billion rupees.
- Apart from this, an amount of 12 billion rupees has been allocated from the Utility Store Corporation to subsidize the purchase of household ration for poor people.
- 5 billion rupees were kept as additional Ramadan packages.
- Under the BISP8171 program, 226 billion rupees were distributed to 9 million families through Benazir Kafalat Cash Program.
- About 1 crore children were provided assistance of Rs. 35 billion under the Benazir taleemi wazaif Program.
- 21.5 billion rupees were distributed in all the districts under the Benazir Nishunma program.
- Apart from this, 6 billion rupees have been kept in the Pakistan Baitul-Mal for the treatment and assistance of deserving people so that free treatment can be provided to the poor people.
Budget for BISP Schemes:
Benazir Income Support Program says that many facilities are being provided to poor people in many sectors of Pakistan. Following are some of the important schemes running under the BISP program.
- BISP kafalat program:
In the financial year 2023-24, 9300000 families of Pakistan will be provided with Benazir kafalat cash at the rate of 8750 rupees per quarter under the Benazir kafalat program. That means that the eligible people in the BISP 8171 program will be able to get 8750 rupees every three months. In the budget 2023-24, 346 billion rupees have been allocated for the Benazir program.
The government has also announced that this amount may increase further in the coming time. If you are not yet registered in the Benazir Kafalat program, you can register yourself now by texting your ID card number to 8171 SMS. If you are eligible for this program, you will start receiving this amount from BISP every 3 months. You can also check your eligibility in the BISP check Online program by SMS your CNIC number to 8171.
- Benazir Taleemi Wazaif Program
Under the Benazir Education Scholarship Program, where earlier 6 million children were getting scholarships, now 83 lakh children will be provided with education scholarships. Out of which 52% quota has been fixed for girls. An amount of more than 55 billion rupees has been allocated in the budget 2023-24 for Benazir Taleemi Wazaif.
The purpose of Benazir Taleemi Wazaif scholarships is to raise the morale of poor and hardworking students. So that they do not lag behind anyone in the field of education and can brighten the future of themselves and Pakistan.
- Benazir Undergraduate Scholarship
About 92,000 students of universities should be given Benazir undergraduate scholarships. For which 6 billion rupees have been allocated in the budget 2023-24.
- Benazir Nashonuma Program
The Benazir Nashonuma Program which is running in all the districts of Pakistan will continue.
Now under this program about fifteen lakh children of Pakistan can be benefited. In the annual budget 2023-244, an amount of 32 billion rupees has been allocated for the Benazir Nashonuma Program. Pregnant women and children under two years of age can benefit from the BISP Nashonuma Program.
How To Register in BISP Ehsaas 8171 Program-2023?
- The Government of Pakistan has started a new screening and registration process through NADRA in an Ehsaas Kafalat program.
- Families who are not yet registered under the Benazir Income Support Program can now register themselves under the Benazir Ehsaas 8171 Program.
- To qualify for the social and economic security programs of the Government of Pakistan and to receive the money received under these programs, first, register yourself in the survey.
- In order to register at the Benazir Social and Economic Service Center, the head of the household, who can be either male or female, should take his National Identity Card to the 8171 centers.
- Those families who have not yet registered in the prosperity survey if there is any mistake in their information or they need to update their home visit information, they will receive a message to visit the 8171 center.
- Remember that all messages are sent from 8171 only. Do not trust the message received by any other number other than this number.
- The survey at 8171 center is free of charge, if anyone charges you for it, file a complaint at 8171.